iOS recommends using Focus when you want to silence app notifications on the phone but still allow some apps to notify you. Switching off the hardware ringer switch on your phone conveys your intent that you don’t want to receive notification from any app and hence Galarm can’t show any notifications when the ringer is turned off.
Please use Focus instead of turning off the ringer to allow alarms to ring but keep notifications from other apps silenced. Follow the below instructions to setup and use Focus on your phone.
Setting up Focus
- Open phone settings and go to Focus.
- Tap on Do Not Disturb which is already set up to act like you have switched off the hardware ringer switch. You can also set up some other available focus profile if you want to have different Focus active at different times of day.
- Tap on Apps and add Galarm.
- You can add a schedule to this focus such that it starts and stops automatically. Tap on Add Schedule or Automation towards the end.
If you have configured a schedule for the Focus, it will be enabled/disabled automatically based on that schedule. To manually enable/disable the Focus, follow these instructions.
- Swipe down from top right edge to view the Control Center
- Tap on Focus
- Tap on Do Not Disturb or any other Focus that you want to enable
- Currently enabled Focus appears to be selected. You can tap on it again to disable it.